Friday, July 15, 2011

You Gotta Have Friends

Where would we be without our friends? I know my friends were and are an important life-blood to me, in school and once I ventured out into the grown-up world of working and marriage.  As my children have grown older, I feel a closeness with my friends that has grown deeper over time.  Of course there is my husband, but there is something about a girlfriend that can't be put into words.  I thank the social media outlets for bringing me back friends from my early childhood whom I had lost track of, and for finding me some new friends that I cannot live without now.  We have build a support network that spans distance; I know my friends are there for me, as I am for them.  I am so happy when I see that my children have made special friendships at this stage in their lives; in this age, there is no way to lose touch with each other if you don't want to.  Both my children have been at the same school with the same friends since they were 4; they have friends in the neighborhood they have known since they were 3.  These are the building blocks of the relationships they will make with the rest of the world as they grow older.  I wish them the same good fortune with their friends that I have had with mine.

4 comments:

  1. Totally agree! And since I am one of your new friends that you met through social media that you can't live without (ok, so I am a little presumptuous!), I know exactly how you feel! The bonds of a friendship is very strong, but it takes a lot of work to keep it that way. We should never take our friends or our relationships with them for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I have to thank our kids for bringing us together as friends. I do think that social media enhanced our friendship. Cawfee soon?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the looks of your blog, colours are super.!


    daveM

    ReplyDelete